Thursday 27 November 2014

Back to Work

Afternoon! I've just been sorting out dates for me to perform at a local hospital starting next January. Part of me is delighted as the extra money will come in very handy, and it will be great to go back to work, doing what I love. The other part of me is already feeling guilty for leaving Ellie. This is when I need a good shake, the work is only for an hour at a time and during that hour Ellie will be sat in a coffee shop just around the corner with my mum. So why do I already feel like a terrible parent?! I thought whilst I was already feeling guilty I might as well call the child minder (she is v popular so we go on her waiting list whilst I was pregnant). Hopefully she will have Ellie for a half day (or two days of 2 hours) per week to allow me time to completely focus on my PhD or Musica. We are going to see her next week to meet her properly and see her house. All feeling a bit odd at the moment. It is probably because in my mind Ellie will always be the small dependent baby she is at the moment.  But I have to remind myself that by the time she goes to the child minder next year she will be much bigger and probably very happy to play at someone else's house! What was your first day back at work like? Did you ease your way in gently or did you go straight back to working full time?

No comments:

Post a Comment