Wednesday 5 November 2014

Review: The Ship West Stour

We had a lovely chilled out weekend, Saturday was spent lazing about the house and going on a dog walk in the beautiful autumn sunshine. On Sunday we had a nice visit from my dad (besotted grandpa!) and we went for lunch to the Ship Inn in West Stour, Dorset. As always the meal was delicious, I had a gorgeous mushroom and spinach Wellington, my dad had the beef roast,  and Jon had a chilli chicken burger. We all agreed that the food was excellent.

It was funny to think that the last time we ate here was for my birthday in September, when Eleanor was still 'bump'. As ever the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I think the best part for Jon is their huge array of local ciders, I hear the chilli cider is worth a try. For me it is their selection of gin and tonics (I will slowly work my way through the list over the coming months, as feeding allows!)

The Inn is very cosy, just as you would imagine a country restaurant. We sat in there bar area this time, but they also have a more formal restaurant area, seating to suit all occasions. They also have accommodation, we would definitely recommend friends and family stay there.

If you are in the area it is definitely wor a visit, but I would recommend booking as it is always busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment